Okay today I just wanna share and talk about "PARANOID". What is paranoid? Is it a bad or weird behaviour? What are the causes of this disorder? What are the symptoms? And can it be cured?
First thing first, paranoid is exhibiting or characterised by extreme and irrational fear or distrust of others. People experiencing paranoia always believe that others are persecuting them and have delusional ideas about themselves as the central figures in scenarios that in reality have little relevance to them. In the other words, people with this disorder usually think that they might be harm, exploit or deceive by others. As we know, minor feeling of paranoia is common but severe paranoia may lead to anxiety, extreme fear and also affect the social life of a person. People with paranoia tend to have an excessive need to be self-sufficient and a strong sense of anatomy. They also lack trust in others. Those with this disorder need to have a high degree of control over people around them. They always rigid, critical of others and unable to collaborate. Besides, they have great difficulty accepting criticisms. Thus, it is bad not only for the subject but also the society.
The causes of paranoia? The cause are likely due to social factors like how the person interact in the early development with family and friends. In my opinion, if there were family problems like divorced parents, problems in previous relationship and had been cheated by someone they loved, paranoia might occur. It's just my opinion but it seems relevant, right? For example, if a girl had been cheated by her boyfriend over and over again, she might become paranoid. This is because, she always thought that man just wanna toyed her feeling. Huh! What am I thinking? I talk about rubbish am I? Just forget it okay.
Now, we'll discuss about the symptoms. People with paranoid disorder usually have these symptoms : -
- Suspects, without sufficient basis, that others are exploiting, harming, or deceiving him or her
- Is preoccupied with unjustified doubts about the loyalty or trustworthiness of friends or associates
- Is reluctant to confide in others because of unwarranted fear that the information will be used maliciously against him or her
- Reads hidden demeaning or threatening meanings into benign remarks or events
- Persistently bears grudges (i.e., is unforgiving of insults, injuries, or slights)
- Perceives attacks on his or her character or reputation that are not apparent to others, and is quick to react angrily or to counterattack
- Has recurrent suspicions, without justification, regarding fidelity of spouse or sexual partner
There is treatment for paranoid disorder but it will take a long period of time. Medicines also might help. Hmm, I think thats all for today. Hope our life will always be colourful and awesome. ^____^Y
#Credit to : http://psychcentral.com/disorders/paranoid-personality-disorder-symptoms/ and http://www.medicinenet.com/paranoia/symptoms.htm
With so much love,
Nurfatin Aina binti Nor Rahim :) -hugs-